A couple years ago while visiting friends in Melbourne, Australia, I had some downtime so I decided to do some laundry. After the washing was done, I noticed there was no dryer. Oh, looks like I’m using a clothesline for the first time since childhood. I still get grief from my Aussie friends regarding North Americans’ use of dryers. In Canada, we don’t have the luxury of drying clothes outside all year round, but you can hang them inside during the winter as your house will be very dry (for those of us in Southeastern Ontario, anyways).
There are a huge number of benefits for such a simple task:
- Less damaging to your clothing [Lint is your clothing degrading]
- Wash Less! [Okay, so it’s labour intensive to dry everything. Only wash when dirty!]
- Better for the environment! [No electricity required!]
- No electricity required so it’s free! [No electricity or coin dryer cost]
- Humidify your house! [In the winter the added moisture will keep you healthier]
- Get outside! [Enjoy a few minutes outside; we all can use it]
Try it! More money in your pocket and better for the environment; it’s a double win!